HELP I.D`ing CLOTH BADGES PLEASE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP I.D`ing CLOTH BADGES PLEASE !

Hiya , if any one has any opinions ,good or bad please shout up as i would like help on these ,thanks
    The first is in the style of combined operations , produced on black cloth
    the anchor is in gold thread ,the tommy gun in gold bullion and the eagle is brass ? with blade style prongs , the metal eagle appears to be part of the original construction and not an after thought , ie there was never a thread /bullion eagle in place that has been un picked , also this is now the third i have seen in collections so its not a ` one off ` done by the service man to look flash , help please
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

the next pair is any ones guess
      Attached Files

Comment

these two i have not got a clue
        they came as a pair and one side is a lot faded than the other , they have been made in the style of a tube with the end open so they may be designed to be slipped on to a strap like rank insignia ? as regards history all i can say is they came from a junk fair ( not a military dealer ) in a tin of bits to a british officer who served in Italy ,ant comments always welcome ,thank you
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 09-12-2005, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Navy

The first is obviously a Navy rating, but you probably worked that out for yourself. Could it have been easier to use the brass eagle, rather than produce it in bullion?
          The other pair of badges look like WW2 versions of night-time identification tabs like they have on the back of helmets these days. They are my thoughts for what its worth. I will be watching this post with interest.

Regards;
          Johnsy

Comment

The first badge is Combined Ops, perhaps a dress badge, the manufacturer utilizing a gilt RAF insignia.

There are threads on the Combined Ops patch in the forum.

Comment

HIYA Leigh , I presume its naval combined ops but was interested to know if the eagle was a known /standard R.A.F item of insignia or had been made special for these badges ? if any one is clude up about RAF badges please shout up ,thanks ,
              Hello Aave , yep , i know the exact thing you mean there worn on a canvas /elastic type strap aound the helmet , the fact that these are made as tubes may be to slide on to a strap suggests your argument may well be right ,thanks for helping , Michael.
              p.s ...i will check to see if they are luminous ( when it gets dark )
              Last edited by SHEARING-CROSS; 09-15-2005, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
                The first badge is Combined Ops, perhaps a dress badge, the manufacturer utilizing a gilt RAF insignia.

There are threads on the Combined Ops patch in the forum.
                Took the words right out of my mouth Leigh. I like the use of the RAF bird.

It's not a us piece is it only i seem to recall the Americans utilised a combined ops badge in gold rather than red.

Yours, Guy
                Last edited by Guy; 09-15-2005, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X